Reimagining the Gothic 2017: Gothic Spaces
Artwork and Photography Competition
Sheffield Gothic is pleased to announce that we will be running an Artwork and Photogrphy Competition in conjunction with Reimagining the Gothic 2017: Gothic Spaces.
Requirements for submission:
- Submissions can be any form of art (painting, digital art, photography, sculpture, small creative pieces etc.) but must be submitted in a digital format that can be printed to postcard size. Images or photographs must therefore be of high quality and resolution. Creative prose will be accepted, but it must be submitted as an image and be presented creatively. Sculptures or similar artwork will be accepted, but it must be accompanied by images/photographs of the piece.
- The submission must include at least three images or photographs that encapsulate and represent the creative project. More images can be submitted, but if so please clearly indicate which images you would like to be considered for the competition.
- All submissions need to be available for the Reimagining the Gothic 2017: Gothic Spaces Symposium and Creative Showcase (12-13 May 2017) to be displayed at the Creative Showcase. The projects can also be featured on our project website: https://reimagininggothic.wordpress.com/.
- Submissions must address this year’s theme ‘Gothic Spaces’ (the CFP can be found here http://sheffieldgothicreadinggroup.blogspot.co.uk/p/reimagining-gothic-showcase-and_21.html)
- Submissions must be received by 6 March 2017 (the deadline for creative proposals) and include an abstract describing the project of no more than 200 words along with a short bio.
The winner will receive:
- A small money prize
- A special postcard series printed by us and featured at the event
- The three winning images will be featured on our blog and the Reimagining website, with the option of including a small reflective piece by the artist
- One image will be used as the twitter banner for @TheReimagining
- There will be the opportunity for the artist to give a short talk at the conference
All submissions will be displayed in the Creative Showcase at Gothic Spaces, and the winner will be formally announced at the event. There is no limit as to the amount of photos, images, or artwork that can be displayed in the Showcase, and these do not have to be submitted with the initial abstract (although you will need to send three images/photos to be considered for the competition, along with an abstract for your project). There may be prizes for runners up.
Please send your submissions or any enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or see our FAQ.